I remember learning and relearning about having an eternal perspective years ago with Jennifer, Sara, and Lindsay. It kept coming up in our Bible studies. "Keep an eternal perspective," we would encourage each other.
That's what I'm meditating on today, as once again my knee is swollen, soar, and not functional. I thought that I would be able to play soccer again just because He made it so. After injuring it once, my knee was strong, I felt good, and it was so enjoyable to run and kick the ball. I loved meeting lots of really nice women, making plays, and scoring goals. I didn't make the decision to play lightly. I eased into it, and prayed about it. My body just didn't cooperate. I came down on my left leg and my knee popped out. Really surreal. Really painful. Really not sure why.
The thing is, our God is a fearful, glorious, and holy God. I was reminded of how the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom (Ps. 111:10). So in all of this scariness, I don't need to fear the pain, or the possibilities of weakness that my body's inability offers, but instead I fear my holy God.
"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust." Psalm 103:11-14
So I'm back to saying, "Here I am. I am weak, You are strong. I only see now (and it's not such a great view in all this pain), You see forever. I am trusting in you, You are completely trustworthy. Help me have an eternal perspective, and not be discouraged by the momentary, earthly setbacks. Help me continue to press on, even if I'm limping. I fear You alone. I serve You alone."
1 comment:
Praying for you Friend!! I love that: "keeping an eternal perspective" what a challenge! Love you Kerstin!!!
Post a Comment